Application Procedure for Teacher or
Substitute Teacher Positions
Thank you for your interest in becoming a teacher in the Scituate School Department. Applications for teaching positions are accepted only when we have an advertised position. Applications for substitute teachers are accepted on an on-going basis. The list below details the information necessary to apply.
Items #1-#6 must be received before your application will be considered for a position.
- Letter of Interest stating in detail the position you are applying for.
- College Transcripts - copies are acceptable
- Valid RI Teaching Certificate or NE Credential
- Three letters of reference
- Proof that you are Highly Qualified:
- Elementary: Praxis or NTE Score;
- Secondary: Undergraduate Transcripts in addition to any graduate transcripts
Items #7-#9 are required for substitute teaching. For permanent positions, they are only necessary if you are offered a position.
- I-9 form - To be completed at Administration Office. You will be required to provide 2 forms of identification such as Driver's License, Social Security Card or Passport.
- W-4 form - To be completed at Administration Office
- BCI Background Check (Fingerprinting Mandatory)
- Must be completed at your local police department or at the State Police Barracks.
- Please note that an appointment is necessary.
- The fee is $37.50.
- Original documents must be provided to our office.